Glühwein | Mulling Spice
Now make traditional Glühwein easily and quickly with our Mulling Spice blend! Our blend of carefully selected spices will transform a bottle of ordinary red wine into a warm, spicy and aromatic holiday beverage. Create memories this winter with our Glühwein mix!
- Add 1 bottle of sweet, red wine (or 6 cups apple cider ) to a sauce pan
- Add 2-4 Tbls of spice blend. Use muslin bag or enclosed strainer to keep spices enclosed. Add half a sliced orange (optional) and 1/2-1 cup of sugar.
- Stir on med heat until sugar is dissolved and heat for 30 minutes. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL. Add more sugar to taste.
- Strain or remove spice bag and Serve Hot.
- Warm in a crock pot on Low to keep Glühwein warm all day/night
- Add sliced oranges and lemons and cinnamon sticks if desired
- Always add sugar a little at a time , taste, and continue. You don't want this to be too sweet but just right.
- Do not allow alcohol to boil or it will lose its alcohol content.
- Make a spiced apple cider by replacing wine and making it safe for kids to drink.
100g | 4-6 Servings
Cinnamon, Fennel, Cardamom, Anise Star, Cloves, Orange Peel, Lemon Peel
2-4 Tbls per 6 cups wine/apple cider
Add to Sauce pan and simmer (not boil)
Add sugar to taste
Steep 30 min
Citrus and Spice flavor added to wine or cider.
Infusion Strength: Medium
Dairy free, gluten free, suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Thank you for being here!
When you buy from us you are supporting a small and female owned local business. We do every thing from sourcing to hand blending, packaging and shipping. Every tea is thoughtfully created and made with organic ingredients which are locally grown or sustainable sourced.
Subscribe and Save
Our monthly tea club ships out on the 2nd of every month and includes 3 teas; a herbal, a caffeinated and a blend of our choice. Each bag has about 10 servings and 30 for the whole month.