In preparation for back to school and colder weather, it is important to ensure that our immune systems are healthy and boosted, as these times are well known as being cold season.
Herbs that support immunity
- Elderberry ~ Elderberry provides both antioxidant and immune support. It is often used as a daily immune tonic, as well as at the start of a cold or flu, to provide an extra immune boost.
- Ginger ~ Ginger root supports healthy digestion, which in turn supports healthy immune function.
- Echinacea ~ Echinacea has pain relieving, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is one of the most well-known herbs for immune support, and is delicious in tea.
- Chamomile ~ Chamomile is rich in antioxidants that protect the immune system. It makes a delicious and calming tea with honey.
- Peppermint ~ Peppermint has been shown to improve digestive upset and function, which can be helpful in fighting off sickness.
- Rosemary ~ Rosemary has the ability to decrease cortisol levels, increase circulation, and act as a stimulant, which in turn helps to boost the immune system.
- Sage ~ sage has long been used in herbal medicine, as well as in culinary settings. Sage has been proven to aid in digestive upset respiratory issues, and much more. Sage has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties, which all play a role in healthy immune support. Sage is often used in herbal teas, or dried and added to culinary dishes.
- Thyme ~ Thyme has been shown to support the cardiovascular, respiratory, nervous, and immune systems, as well as protect against inflammation. Thyme makes a great immune boosting tea by preparing it with some lemon juice and honey, which also helps to soothe sore throats.
Our immune supporting teas
Immune defense ~ Immune defense works to boost immunity naturally through herbs, strengthen white blood cells, and help you recover from colds and flu’s faster!
Stomach Soothing ~ This tea supports in coating the inner lining in order to ease digestion, nausea and gas while supporting the release of bodily toxins, which aids in flushing viruses from the system.
Throat ~ This beautiful blend will aid in soothing scratchy, dry and sore throats, as well as dampening coughs.
Golden Chai ~ Helps to boost the immune system and has anti inflammatory properties. Golden chai will sooth and protect against common virus's and add antioxidants to your daily regime.
Elderberry Syrup kit ~ Our elderberry syrup kit is packed full of antioxidants, vitamin B, C and A. Elderberry syrup is safe for both pregnancy and kids, and is such a great herbal remedy to have on hand.
Market fresh ~ Healing and fresh, aids in digestion to boost immunity.
Lemon ginger tulsi ~ Delicious and healing with lemon and honey when sick. Soothing on both the throat and stomach.
Peppermint ~ Aids in digestion and nausea to boost immunity and alleviate cold and flu symptoms.
Chamomile ~ Soothing and calming to the entire system, rich in antioxidants to aid immunity.